Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm back!

Wow, it's been a while again. My apoligies to all of my avid followers. :)

While most everything in small-town USA has remained the same, I have made one major change - I now workout in the morning! That's right, while most people are snuggled in their beds welcoming another hour of sleep, I'm pounding the pavement (or treadmill as the case may be).

I have to say, this has been a huge challenge. A few weeks ago, I read a Runner's World article called "Rise and Run." It gave some wonderful tips on how to get the best out of an AM workout. My number one suggestion: COFFEE!

I can say that I've tried running in the morning before... here and there. I can count two times this summer when the weather was outrageously hot post-work, and a few times in my college life (usually after the first of the year when I wanted to "get healthy"). But I always felt sluggish and out of energy about halfway through my run. I was just completely conviced that I never got as much from my workout at 5AM as opposed to 5PM.

Lucky for me, the magazine article gave several tips on how to get prepared for the morning run and inspired me to get moving. And I am LOVING working out in the morning! I never realized how much time I have after work until I moved my gym time! I definitely suggest everyone give it at least one real try! And not a college try like I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment