Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet tooth

I have a sweet tooth. For those of you who know me well, this is an understatement. Red velvet cake with decadent cream cheese frosting, creamy chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake, warm snickerdoodle cookies... YUM! I just can't pass it up. And this weekend was my birthday so bring on the desserts! Here's a glimpse of what is sitting in my kitchen:

Looks delicious right? We have pumpkin cupcakes, (Which i definitely need to get the recipe for because these ROCK! Special shout out to my bestie, Amanda, for bringing these over!) a red velvet cupcake, funfetti cake with orange colored frosting, (Kudos, Mom!) and some chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake that I made as a treat for work. I need help eating all of this!

In the mean time, I have been working my butt off so I can enjoy these. :) Monday I completed a nice, slow, long run a few miles out in the counry, and this morning I cranked out 3 miles before finishing an ab workout. I really need to get a whole list of my daily workouts on this site, but here's a breakdown of what I did this morning:

- 3 mile run: I finished this a little under 30 minutes. I'm going to start cranking up my Tuesday 3 mile runs as I am planning on a Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving.
- 20 minute ab workout: I have a love/hate relationship with ab workouts. It hurts, but I feel great after I'm done!

Tomorrow I'm looking to get in a 5 mile interval run before work. Wish me luck! Now to enjoy a sweet treat before bed... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment