Monday, January 14, 2013

Love/Hate Stainless Steel!

Listen up, ladies! If you're anything like me, you're in love with your stainless steel appliances, but absolutely hate the smudges left behind.

Well, this weekend I finally found the solution: Olive oil on a soft rag. That's it. Seriously. I found it on the Natural Mommie blog through Pinterest and decided to give it a try for myself.

<The Before>

{Don't judge the smudges :)}
In the past, I have tried Pledge multisurface, which worked to a certain degree, but never really got all of the smudges out and it took a lot of scrubbing. I was about to head out to invest in a special "stainless steel cleaner" before I found this blog. And I never noticed how bad our fridge was until the sunlight shone on it so beautifully through the back door. Ick.

Anyway, I began by just taking a wet rag to wipe off the surface to get rid of any water spots and food particles. After that, I took about a tablespoon of olive oil and put it on a clean, soft rag and began rubbing with the grain of the fridge. I think I probably ended up using about two tablespoons by the time I was done with both the fridge and freezer, but keep in mind that a little bit of the oil goes a long way!

{The "buffer"}


{Halfway done!}
Here I have the top part above the ice maker cleaned. You can start to tell the difference already!

<The After>


{Beautiful!}
All done! Shines doesn't it? Cory saw how clean it looked and told me he was afraid to touch it. I hope he doesn't! No more smudges please! At least until we get a toddler running around the house. :)

I would suggest that everyone give this a try if you own stainless steel. I'm guaranteeing most of you already have Olive Oil in the house. It's fast, easy, and it naturally buffs out every mark! I'm no longer ashamed of my stainless steel. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dang! I'm definitely going to use that. Good tip!

    ReplyDelete