Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mommy Time Management


It’s 5:00 a.m. and my alarm is sounding. BEEP BEEP BEEP! Can it be morning already? Please tell me it’s not true! Maybe if I ignore the time, cover my head with the pillow, and wish it all away, I can somehow squeeze in an extra hour of sleep. Or, I can pull my little butt out of bed and get to the gym. *Sigh* Get to the gym, Kris!!

Ok, this is a typical weekday morning for me. You can bet I’ve spent a lot of the last few months evaluating how to be more efficient. For example, I’ve come to realize that morning workouts are truly the best option for me. They get me prepared for the day and it’s nearly an entire hour I have ALL to myself.

I knew that it would be harder to accomplish everything I wanted to in a day with a little one in the house, but I never realized how hard it would be. I have stupidly been trying to continue on as if I don’t have Makenna (i.e. doing all the house work in one night, cook every meal, finish the laundry, etc., etc.) and then end up disappointed by the end of the evening because I didn’t get to spend much time with my little missy. My husband tells me I need to let a few things go. “Seriously, cleaning the stove can wait.” Cue my eye roll here. (I hate letting him know he’s right.) :)

So, in order to accomplish what’s important to me and feel like I’ve spent ample time spoiling my sweet little girl, I’ve come up with a list of priorities. Bear with me… I realize this post is getting long.

·         Get in my daily workout – 5 a.m. really is the best time. Then it’s done and I’m revved up for the day! If I go without, I seem to drag all day. Picture a hunched over cave man dragging his hands on the ground. It’s ugly, folks.
·         Complete one house cleaning item a day – Sorry, I know it might seem weird, but keeping a clean house is just important to me. So I take 15-20 minutes and pick one thing. Then it’s checked off the list!
·         Provide a fruit and vegetable at every meal – This task has been a little more daunting. I don’t always have time, but I’m trying to get things prepared over the weekend if I can. Providing a balanced meal for my family is extremely important to me. I want my kids to grow up healthy and understanding the importance of living a fit lifestyle.  
·         Spend as much time with my family as I can – I love my family! I want to give as much of myself to them as I can. I’m even experimenting with mixing in healthy activities we can all do together. I know, crazy right? :) 

Well, I had better call it a night. It's nearly 10 and I have to be up in... 7 hours and 11 minutes. But who's counting? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment