Monday, November 17, 2014

Back from Phoenix

I'm back from Phoenix! Land of palm trees and sunshine. Definitely my kind of weather! Highs in the mid-80's... lows in the upper 50's. Life is so tough there. Right. :)


My hubby, Makenna, and I left from Omaha Thursday evening to join my in-laws at their new vacation home in Surprise, Arizona. We came in late Thursday, stayed Friday and Saturday then took off Sunday morning to head back to our snowy home. But I could have stayed in Phoenix forever. It was just beautiful!

The absolute best part about being in Phoenix is being surrounded by people living an active lifestyle!

I took Makenna for a walk both Friday and Saturday and never failed to run into someone out running, biking, or walking their dog. While Surprise is known for it's retirement-like communities, I've found that's also a good thing. My in-laws have access to two gyms within walking distance of their home.

To top it all off, a few minutes in a vehicle lead you to the White Tank Mountains. The whole family headed out that way to get some exercise on Saturday. I can't reiterate enough how much mixing up your routine and doing something enjoyable can keep a person active. Walking on the hiking trail didn't even feel like exercise and I was able to put in a couple of miles.

Even my little Missy had a great time on the hike!


She didn't walk the whole way by herself, though. She had to hang on to her "PoPo's" hand for a little while.


The rest of the time she wanted to run like her Aunt Chelsey and Uncle Taylor (Cory's siblings who decided to run the hiking trail while the rest of us walked). I can't wait for her to get a little older and more interested in staying active. My ultimate hope is that she'll want to start joining me on runs someday!

Anyway, I'm now back to the mecca of snow and cold. Oh the lovely Midwest. November through February = an increase in inactivity. Something we constantly have to fight here! But heading to a warm environment reminds me to stay at it.

Speaking of which, I better hit the sack if I'm going to be up for a workout tomorrow morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment