Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pregnancy Project Review

This morning my rise-and-shine workout was with the TracyAnderson

Ok, not in real life. Lord knows I would love to be able to afford a celebrity trainer to actually come to my house for a few sessions!

Though she wasn’t with me in person, I did decide to give her “Pregnancy Project” DVDs a try. She has 9 DVDs in this pack - 1 for each month of pregnancy. Kinda cool, right?



I wasn’t sure what to expect in a DVD for preggo women. My previous experience with workout videos usually end with me wondering how the heck these women can even finish a set without dying.

And, let’s not forget all of the P90X and Insanity infomercials we’re prone to seeing on TV. Yeah… not doing THAT at 7 months pregnant.

With all of this in mind, I still stuck Tracy’s DVD in the good ol computer and went to work, expecting to feel the same way I do after most DVDs… sweating and wondering if I’ll ever have the strength to finish those sets at the end.

But I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Tracy only uses a mat, a chair, and 3 lb. dumbbells to get you moving. And her main focus is stretching which is exactly what I feel I need at 7 months in.



She mainly focuses on stretches to help the hips and a few arm moves to open your chest. I was slightly breaking a sweat by the end of the video, (and I won’t be surprised if my butt is a little sore tomorrow from doing different variations of the fire hydrant move), but I didn’t feel strained in any way or exhausted after I was done. In fact, I felt rejuvenated!

I even feel like this set of DVDs gives us expectant mothers zero excuses for not exercising or staying active. Let’s be honest, we all have a chair in our house. And if we don’t have 3 lb. dumbbells, I bet there’s a couple bottles of water or cans of soup somewhere. Other than that, all we need is 40 minutes. Seriously. Easy.

Anyway, to sum up my experience this morning, I have to say that I’ll definitely be using her DVD’s for the remainder of my pregnancy and would recommend them to any other preggo mama’s out there.

Thanks for the morning, pick-me-up, Tracy!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. Fit to be pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. cinema near me

    ReplyDelete