Sunday, August 7, 2011

My first 10k!

Today is your typical lazy Sunday afternoon. We don't have any plans and the couch in our living room has never been more inviting. It is the perfect day for napping... or signing up for your first 10k race! As you may have guessed, my dear husband chose the former while I have chosen the latter. I was really hoping to sign up for the Omaha Half Marathon, but with my recent running "break," I was afraid I wouldn't have enough time to train. Then yesterday it hit me. I don't have to do a half, I could just do the 10k.

In the midst of completing my registration, it occurred to me that I have done quite a few half marathons, but never a 10k. Seems odd doesn't it? I always liked to run, but when it came to my first race back in 2008, I decided to jump right in with a half marathon. And that is where I have stayed; for comfort reasons I suppose.

Anyway, I'm ready to try something new! And I'm really looking forward to this! I think I have found a training schedule, but I would like to keep searching to find the best one for me. I'll be posting that later. Right now it's time to update a few things on my page here.

More later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment