Tuesday, August 23, 2011

-- Sweet Honey --

A few days ago I read an article in the September issue of Runner's World called "Honey Do." I bet you can guess what it was about: Honey! I love the sweet stuff myself. I'm even ok just eating it plain... straight out of the bottle. Yum. :)

Anyway, the article suggested using honey instead of sugar as a sweetener, so this is my new goal. It suggested swapping 3/4 cup of honey for every 1 cup of sugar required in recipes. I am going to need a lot of this natural nectar going forward...



The article also gave a quick salad dressing recipe including honey. I mixed it with my Romaine tonight and decided to add a few slivered almonds that I found in the cupboard.


Dinner is served! A homemade calzone and fresh cut watermelon completed the meal tonight.

Also, I would like to do a quick follow up on yesterday's post regarding eating orgainically. I posted on facebook that I was looking for some ideas, and I recieved quite a few! So I will be trying to shop more locally (we have a small farmer's market here on Saturday mornings), and I am going to try to stay away from boxed, high preservative food items. Also, to all of my Nebraska farming friends, I will still be eating meat! I could never give that up. :)

One last quick note here on my run today: 5 miles! I did an easy interval run which included 1 minute of a nice easy jog, and then 3 minutes at a 9:45 pace, followed by 2 minutes of recovery walking. I also squeezed in an arm workout and then headed home. Tomorrow I plan on a sprinting workout followed by a leg workout.

More updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment