Sunday, March 4, 2012

Grocery run Sunday

Happy Sunday! I'll make this short and sweet as I'm in a time crunch, but this next week, I've planned to start nixing some of the unhealthy things in my diet and replace them with healthy options. For instance, sometime this week I'm planning to make a lasagna recipe with ground turkey and spinach instead of loaded cheese and ground beef.

Anyway, off to the grocery store I went today. I have to say, the local stores really do have wonderful looking produce. The selection, however, is less than great. Having said that, here's some of the produce I came home with:
Spinach, romaine lettuce, asparagus, bananas, and grapefruits are just a few things from the store. Can't wait to see how great they taste this week!

2 comments:

  1. Good produce! Recommend steaming the asparagus, then put a little Italian herb seasoning on it (better than Mrs. Dash) instead of butter. If you're able to steam it well, please post how you did it - it's an art I still haven't grasped.

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good idea! I'll give it a try. Unfortunately, I haven't been home much this week so I haven't even tried this veggie yet. :( But I hope to this weekend! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete