Saturday, March 3, 2012

I heart breakfast!

Ok, so I realize that I'm not starting my healthy eating plan until Monday, but earlier this week I tried a healthy breakfast shake. At the risk of sounding like a pre-teen, junior high schoolgirl, O.M.G. this shake was delicious! The main ingredient is strawberry and I'm definitely a strawberry girl. If they're not part of the recipe, chances are, I'm not eating it.

Anyway, the first step is to grind up the rolled oats:
And don't worry about overdoing it! I kind of wish I would have ground mine up a little more. Next, add frozen strawberries, a banana, and milk. Any milk will do. The recipe called for soy milk, but I only had skim on hand.
Now set your blender to smoothie and watch it turn into breakfast!
Enjoy! :)
You can find the whole recipe under the Recipe tab.

Anyway, it's time for bed! Oh, but one quick note: The sunrise this morning was just too gorgeous to ignore, so I took a few quick shots. The picture at the top of my blog is one of them! Here's another:
Ok all for now! here's hoping for another beautiful sunrise tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment