Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Love me some trail mix!

It is a gorgeous evening at home. The windows are open letting in a fresh spring breeze and my loving hubby has cleaned up the kitchen after a delicious dinner of marinated pork loin and side salads. Perfect atmosphere for blogging of course! :) I realized today that I haven't posted in a while, so now I have a ton of updates to share...

First things first - My trail mix recipe. This is really tough so look out. Throw these four ingredients into a bowl:

Almonds
Dried cranberries
Sunflower seeds
Chocolate chips










Stir and enjoy! :) I didn't really measure any of the ingredients, but I think that's the best part of a trail mix! Throw in whatever you are in the mood for in whatever increments!

I took a small sandwich bag of this to work to munch on, and Cory ate the rest in about 3 days. Guess I will have to make it again soon!










In other news, I'd like to introduce a new word into my workout vocabulary:
Zumba! I am loving it! Every Tuesday and Thursday morning, my wonderful workout buddy, Jen, teaches one of these classes at 5:15 in the morning. I'm only a week and a half in, but the more I learn the routines, the more I can feel the burn (and sweat)!

It's really helped me to mix up my workouts. I like to think that a routine fits me, but truth be told, a few weeks into a "plan" and I'm feeling anxious and restless. Then anxious that I'm feeling restless. 

Also, the half-marathon is coming up in about 5 weeks. Yikes! I'm trying to get my long runs in on the weekends, but I will have to get more into that on another post before I get in over my head. :) Anyway, hope everyone is taking advantage of this beautiful weather and getting off the couch to do something active!

Goodnight, all!
Kris

1 comment:

  1. So a health(ier) tip I've discovered: buttermilk instead of a can of a cream of whatever. I can't guarantee that it will work for everything, but I've used it in a few dishes, and it's great! The important thing is to make sure it has time to cool, which helps it thicken. To make buttermilk you need:
    - 1 Cup milk (I use almond milk, which is naturally thicker, but I think dairy would work well too)
    - 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or vinegar (I prefer lemon juice)
    - Add lemon juice or vinegar to milk, let it set 5 mintues, and done!

    I have a chicken dish recipe that I made up that includes this too, if you'd like it.

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete