Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Brunch

Oh my, do I have a Sunday brunch treat to share today!

{Makes my mouth water!}
For those of you who know me, you know that I have an unapologetic love for pancakes. They are my favorite thing to make on the weekends while catching up on the news and relaxing in my PJs. Perfect with a nice, warm cup of coffee. Wish I could spend every morning of the week that way!

Anyway, my love for pancakes has sent me on a search for a healthy, guilt-free version that doesn't exchange taste for healthfulness. And today I think I found the golden ticket! This recipe was discovered through Pinterest and I have fallen in love with this blog: skinnytaste.com. The author bases all of her recipes on weight watchers points so it's nice to see some healthy options that can fit into every day life.

So, on to the recipe:

Whole Wheat Pancakes


You will need:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour 
  • 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups + 2 tbsp fat free milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla
{Everything you need}
Now mix all of the dry ingredients together, then add the wet ingredients. Mix well until there are no more dry clumps. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. (I actually used my large griddle on the counter top so that I could cook more at a time). Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the heated surface. When the pancakes start to bubble, you may add fruit if you wish. I had a half a carton of blueberries in the fridge that needed to be cleaned up so this seemed like the perfect way to do so.

{Halfway done}
{Fresh blueberries}
When the bubbles settle and edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter, and enjoy!

I added just a little bit of syrup for sweetness, but the blueberries do add a lot on there own.

{Yummo}
So yummy, it's still making my mouth water.

This makes a total of 14 pancakes at only 172 calories for two. Delicious and low in calories! Plus I had plenty left to freeze and reheat for breakfasts later this week! Or you know, for lunch... or dinner. You can never have enough pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment