Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Biggest Loser Inspiration

I’ve finally been catching up on some quality time with my DVR this week! Yay! I’ve decided that recording 3 shows is my absolute max because, unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in a day. So, I make sure that the shows I do record are totally worth it. There’s one show that’s near and dear to my heart and I’ve been watching for several seasons now:

Yes, that’s right. The Biggest Loser. Why? Oh so many reasons! First let me explain that this is not one of my husband’s favorite shows. He finds it cheesy and tells me each week that the weigh-in’s are fixed. In doing some research on reviews of the show, I can also tell you that there’s plenty of negativity out there from other personal trainers who are worried the contestants are working out too hard, too fast. And the lifestyle of living on the ranch and working out all day is not something that can be maintained when you get back home and back into real life.
I get all that, and the naysayers could be right. But when I watch the show, I’m not watching for drama, I’m too busy watching the contestants transform, both physically and mentally. Here’s the things I love about watching The Biggest Loser:
Seeing a Mom transform for her children. Something changes when you have a child. I can’t describe it, you just suddenly look at your own life differently. Your choices no longer effect just yourself, they effect those young-in’s, too. I’m always so interested and inspired by the Mom’s who join the show because they’re determined to do better for their kids. You go, Mom!  
A healthier relationship with food. Each contestant comes to the show wanting and knowing they need to change. Most of them get to the size they’re at because of some form of unhealthy relationship with food, but they don’t even know it when they arrive! It’s not until the trainers show them the healthy route and dig into their mental state to clear the reasons behind the binge eating that the contestants finally understand the correct and healthy way to eat.
Mental transformation. Biggest Loser is like boot camp to me. The trainers break you all the way down, then build you up with a different thought process on food and exercise. If only more people were willing to change their lives so drastically to a more positive state… what a wonderful world it would be. :)
Straight up positivity. The inspiration I see from each contestant’s personal victory drives me to want to be a better person through and through. It also drives me to want to help others achieve their fitness goals. The pure positivity and glow these contestants show after each small victory; The way their smiles get larger and more frequent from week to week. The positive attitude that takes over these contestants lives… Woah, sorry. Getting a little too into it again. Like I know these people personally, sheesh. (Another thing my husband finds funny about me watching the show…)

Anyway, to sum this all up, no other TV show motivates me more than The Biggest Loser. When I wrap up an episode, I want to jump off the couch and go for a run with someone who has never run before - So I can show them how awesome it is!  I’m always slightly envious that those trainers can do so much to help others. I think I’ve missed my true calling in life. Yep, I think I was meant to be a personal trainer on The Biggest Loser. Guess I better whip myself into shape like Jen if I want that to happen… #NewPersonalGoal #TooBadI’mPregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment