Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lazy, Fall Weekend

We had a pretty uneventful weekend here... and it was wonderful! They don't come around too often so when we get the chance to sit around and enjoy each other's company, we take full advantage. Here's a few pictures from our lazy weekend:



We discovered that an old keyboard makes the best toddler toy. And yes, she's incredibly comfortable running around the house pants-less. She must get that from her dad. ;)


While Missy Moo took an afternoon nap Saturday, I caught up on some reading from Runner's World and Self. Check out these adorable shoes I came across! I'm pretty set on wearing Asics, which neither of these are, but it definitely makes me want to buy some new running shoes! There are such cute styles out now!


Sunday, this little charmer and I took a walk to the grocery store. I know the nice weather will be ending soon, so I'm taking every chance I have for the two of us to go for a walk. She's not getting any lighter (and neither am I) so pushing her stroller combined with 3 bags of fresh fruit and veggie groceries actually made for a nice little leg workout!


And here was our Sunday evening dinner. Mostly what I had brought home from the grocery store. This recipe is delicious and so easy to make! I put 4 chicken breasts, a bunch of green beans, and cut up potatoes in a 9x13. Then I add a packet of Italian seasoning and drizzle some olive oil on top. Cover it with foil, throw it in a 350 degree oven for an hour, and you're good to go! And I promise it's husband and toddler approved. Oh, and as a side note, the original recipe calls for an entire stick of melted butter being poured over top instead of the olive oil. Yikes. I feel the olive oil makes for a healthier meal.

Well, that pretty much sums up the weekend. Tomorrow it's back to the grind, but I do at least have my workout clothes laid out and ready to go. Let's hope I can wake up to that early morning alarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment