Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yummy vegetables

I have one word to describe the weekend: Sick. :( I really wanted to do my long run for the week this afternoon, but I decided that nursing my cold would probably be best. And running in snowy, 36 degree weather doesn't seem like it would help my cause. So tonight I am staying in, taking a hot shower, and am currently drinking some hot tea. Hope tomorrow will be better...

Also, I got to thinking this weekend that I don't eat near enough vegetables. And I know I haven't given some of these healthy foods a real chance. I've decided that I am going to pick a different vegetable every week and try a couple different recipes to see how it goes. My first week I have chosen:
Asparagus! Mmmm delicious, no? I do have at least one recipe in mind for this week, much to Cory's dismay. (He is NOT a vegetable fan, but I'm hoping he will entertain me and try my recipes anyway.) I'll be posting any recipes I find and I'm crossing my fingers that this will encourage me to eat more veggies!

Also, I can't seem to get a picture to publish with this post, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be great!

Kris

2 comments:

  1. Asparagus is the best! I like it with a little olive oil, sea salt, and cracked pepper, done under the broiler until it just starts to bend. Also, tell me how it affects your pee! :)

    For pictures, when you go to New Post, there should be an image of a picture in the upper right corner of the typing box that says "add image" when you hover over it. A new window will open that will give you the options to add a picture. Hope that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I will definitely have to try that recipe! I found one including a little Parmesan? I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

    Thanks for the advice on the pics, too! I had tried that on my old laptop and the picture wouldn't show... it's probably because that laptop is nearly 6 years old and crotchety. But it worked tonight!

    ReplyDelete