Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nebraska Wind

It appears that there is a checklist of things that Nebraska must have every spring:

- Hail and snow in the same week
- Temperatures anywhere from 30 to 70 degrees
- Winds up to 40 miles per hour

The ladder is what got me today. I fully intended on running anywhere from 8 to 9 miles outside today. Didn't happen. I could say the wind was bad, but really the best way to describe it was: defeating. It definitely won over my efforts today. I did manage to eek out 5 miles outside, and then I promptly drove into town to run another 3 and a half on the treadmill. So regardless of the wind, I still did reach my goal! I just hope it's not windy like this when I run the Half on the 23rd.

If I'm being honest, however, I was not fully ready to run today. In fact, I was not excited about it in the least. I took last week off nearly all together and hadn't had a long run in almost two weeks. Plus I could tell the wind was picking up. After the 5th time of complaining to Cory that I didn't want to go, he said, "then don't go, but either way stop wining." At first I was really upset about what he said. Who is he to tell me to quit whining? Has he ever done an 8 mile run? But, after much thought, I understood his honest words. No one said I had to run today. So I either needed to run and be quiet, or choose not to go. And I'm so glad I did! I'll say this once... Cory was right! :)

In other news, I tried another asparagus recipe tonight and LOVED it!


It's called Grilled Asparagus Salad and I will definitely be taking the left overs with me for lunch tomorrow. The recipe is under my "Recipes" tab and I know I will be making it again. It would really make a great summer salad also.

Anyway, time to get back to the ACM awards! Goodnight, all!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment