Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wedding Planning Trumps Blogging

I have sufficiently spent the last 2 nights purchasing gifts for the wedding online. This may sound simple, but I have yet to mention the amount of time it takes just to search for the perfect gifts and favors to purchase. On top of this, I have been writing Thank you notes until my hand cramps up and sending emails/making phone calls until my brain is numb.

While planning for a wedding really is fun at times, I have come to realize that with less than 3 months until the big day, planning for this event trumps blogging. It's a sad realization, but true. So, just as a head's up, my blogging may be few and far between until after July.

With that said, it's time for a running update! My event has expired on the right side of the page meaning I have officially completed my first race of the year! And it was a doozey. To be completely honest, I was planning on a much better race than what took place. The first half I really felt great... despite the heavy wind and cold temps. But I ran mile 7 in about 10 minutes, which is much faster than my normal pace leaving me with mixed feelings. I could either finish this race in record time, or I had pushed myself much too fast and I was going to be crawling across the finish line.

Unfortunately, the ladder of the two options took place. I still didn't finish with a bad personal time (about 2:33 which is normal for me), but I was really hoping to do so much better! This has really made me rethink my training plan and I will be looking for a new one soon...

I do have some pictures below from the race, though! It really was fun to run with the family!

Right before the race began! Dad (he forgot his whole bag at home and had to borrow my mom's sweatshirt), Emily, Me, and John

Emily ran with me the first 5 miles. She was really entertaining to run with!

About half way through

Very close to the finish

Dad, John, and I ran Emily to the finish line
I will be posting these and more pics onto my Race Pictures tab. All for now!

1 comment: